Nagara Fort situated 82 Km west of Shivamogga, Karnataka, was built in the year 1561 by Veerabhadra Nayaka of Keladi dynasty. Later king Shivappa Nayaka (1645-1665) fortified and added many structures to the fort.
Also called Bidanur fort and Shivappa Nayaka fort, this was the last capital city of Keladi rulers.
The fort is built on a small hill overlooking couple of lakes on either sides, vast tracts of greenery, and Western Ghats at a distance.
Fort has ruins of Darbar hall, Palace, barracks, watch tower, associated buildings, gateways, and two water tanks called Akka Thangi Kola.
Nagara fort takes us back in time…
#drive #heritage #nature