Sadashivgad fort and Durga temple are located on a hillock on the north bank of river Kali, just across the Kali river bridge in Karwar, Karnataka.
The fort was in existence for long time, though it was named Sadashivgad fort in the year 1715 CE. The fort provided protection to the trade through the sea route during 16th to 18th century CE.
The fort came under the control of Maratha king Chatrapati Shivaji on 21 February 1665 CE.
The fort is in ruins.
Shanthadurga Temple, built in 1665 CE, is located in the fort precinct and offers beautiful views all around.
#drive #heritage #nature